1. Can you tell me more about Graham Cooke?
Our students just love Graham Cooke and his teaching!
Graham Cooke is a popular speaker around the world with a passion to empower the people of God to walk in their true identity. His life and ministry are marked by his delightful, intimate, and unreserved two-way friendship with the Lord, and his unique way of communicating a radiant Jesus and the Kingdom of God.
Graham has been involved in apostolic teams since 1981 and has cultivated a wide range of expertise in transitional development, corporate reinvention, and personal redefinition. He is a consultant to numerous churches, organizations and businesses. His prophetic insights are much sought after in the boardrooms of a variety of organizations. He is a specialist in exploratory dialogue, thinks beyond the box and is a designer of creative action plans that release breakthrough and momentum. Some of his best sellers are The Art of Thinking Brilliantly, Mind of a Saint, Approaching the Heart of Prophecy and The Way of the Warrior. (Source: the website of Brilliant Perspectives)
2. Can you tell me more about the Special Course – The Art of Hearing God?
The Art of Hearing God is a profound course that will give you step-by-step instructions to learn to hear the voice of God clearly and consistently. You'll also learn how to distinguish God's voice from your own and to identify hindrances that is preventing you from hearing. You will find out how your character can enhance or impede your ability to hear God. Learn the 3 levels of listening and practical tips for delivering a word from God. We are using a 200-page manual, which includes an extensive curriculum notes and exercises.
• The Audible Voice of God
• The 4 Quadrants
• The Dark Night of the Soul
• Stimulus and the Moment of Choice
• Prophets and Psychics
• Spirit vs. Soul Rule
• Fellowship of the Spirit
• Hardness of Heart – Soul Rule
• God-ward Meditation; Lectio Divina
• The 3 Pillars of Revelatory Ministry
• Revelatory Maturity Continuum; The 3 Phases of Ministry
• Public and Private Victories
• Prophetic Time Periods and Schools
• The Art of Spiritual Listening
• Listening to Correction and Rebuke; Curses of the Tongue
• Delivering a Prophetic Word; Right/Left Brain Thinking
• The Role, Purpose and Function of the Church
• Spiritual Authority; The Spirit of Lawlessness
We have invited John E Thomas the President of Streams Ministries International to spend a week with our HKSSM students. John & Dawna Thomas came out of the drug culture and were radically saved and delivered in 1996. Personally mentored by John Paul Jackson, they've been on staff with or have worked alongside Streams Ministries since 2004. John co-authored The Art of Praying the Scriptures: A Fresh Look at Lectio Divina with John Paul Jackson and has also written a course on prophetic ministry, dream interpretation and The Kingdom of God. As president of Streams Ministries, he ministers internationally to help restore the awe of God to a world that has lost its wonder
3. Can I borrow or buy a copy of the DVDs for any missed sessions?
Because of copyright regulations, the School cannot lend or duplicate the DVDs.
4. Will there be any makeup lessons if I miss class?
Normally we do not run makeup lesson. However, the school might consider re-running a particular DVD lesson if a large number of students have missed it due to unusual circumstances.
5. Will there be Chinese translation during classes?
Classes are conducted in English, and there will be no Chinese translation. BSSM lessons are taught in English with English subtitles on the screen. Graham Cooke's lesson will also be taught in English with Chinese subtitles on the screen. However, the school will group students in their preferred language for class discussions and interactions.
6. What are lecture notes and where do I get them?
Lecture notes greatly enhance your understanding of what is being taught, and we encourage every student to get them. They are available for purchase at the school in sections. Cost of lecture notes is HK$30/ lesson and they contain:
- Extensive Message Notes from the DVD lesson
- Review Questions and Answers
- Class Discussion & Activation Section
7. Can students photocopy Lecture Notes?
Under copyright regulations students must agree not to photocopy, reproduce or put lecture notes and HKSSM materials on the Internet.
8. What are typical classes like?
The school is a training center where every student is expected to participate and practice what is being taught in a vibrant and encouraging environment without the fear of rejection or failure.
The typical class involves:
- Live Worship / Prophetic soaking
- Sharing Testimonies
- Small group discussion/ministry
- Impartation and activation
- Healing the sick, prophetic insight, word of knowledge
9. Can you tell me more about the 'learn-do-teach'?
Through our hands-on training and a 'learn-do-teach' approach, our students are encouraged to put to practice what is being taught, and in turn release it to their community, home and workplaces. This 'learn-do-teach' method has proven to be very effective and students are encouraged to take risk in the safe setting of the classroom. Within a short time, our students are eager to go out and practice what they have learned. Healing the sick and releasing prophetic insight and word of knowledge is fun and exciting, and easier than you think.
10. How do I know if HKSSM is for me?
This is an opportunity of a life time; you cannot remain the same after HKSSM. We are looking for a generation of radical lovers who passionately desire life-changing encounters with God. HKSSM is for you if:
• You are hungry to see the power of God in your life
• You love the Presence of God
• You have a passion to see the impossible made possible
• You desire greater intimacy in your relationship with God and others
• You believe it's possible to be naturally supernatural
• You do not want to be a powerless Christian
11. How do I enroll?
- Each applicant must complete the Admission Application which is available online. Please answer all questions. If a question does not apply to you, write N/A (not applicable) in the space provided. You will need to either submit a digital photo of yourself, or mail a passport photo.
- Send us your completed application form by mail, email or fax. A non-refundable application fee of HK$250 is due at the time of application.
- On receipt of your application and fee, pastor and personal recommendations, we will schedule a personal interview with you.
- On receipt of the Acceptance Letter from the School, you are to send in a non-refundable tuition deposit of HK$2,000 within 7 days to secure your place.
- Settlement of the remaining HK$4,000 should reach the school on or before the specified date on the Acceptance Letter.
12. Is there a threshold for minimum attendance?
This curriculum is vigorous and fast-paced and we do not want students to miss class unless there is a very good reason. The minimum requirement of attendance is 90%.
13. Do you offer any discount on tuition?
We are happy to say that we do offer three types of tuition discounts for the Year 1 Program:
- 30% – ICA Full-time Staff Discount
- 30% – Student Discount: Full-time high school or university students below the age of 22. Proof of student identity needs to be submitted along with the application.
- 10% – Couple Discount: Husband and wife must attend 9 out of 10 classes together.
All eligible students will pay the full tuition as stated in 11 d) and e) above. Reimbursement of the discounted amount will be issued at the end of the school year to eligible students who have fulfilled the required 90% attendance, and have satisfactorily completed school assignments.
14. Is there a certificate to show successful completion of the school?
Yes, a Certificate of Completion will be presented at a formal ICA Academy Graduation Ceremony to those who have fulfilled the 90% attendance requirement, completed all school assignments, and displayed godly character throughout the school year.
15. What is your refund Policy?
In the event that a student withdraws from school within the first month of commencing and has paid tuition in full, he/she may receive a refund of up to 75% of the refundable amount, after which there will not be any refunds for dropouts. If a student is dismissed for any reason during the school year, no tuition refund will be issued.
16. How many classes are students expected to attend to complete Year 1?
Students are required to attend a total of about 70 sessions to complete Year 1, which will mainly comprise of classes every Wednesday (7pm to 10pm), selected Saturdays (2pm to 6pm) and selected Public Holidays (10am to 5pm) from January to December 2021. On top of this, students may be required to attend special designated conferences and meetings as practicums.
17. Is it mandatory for the students to participate in the outreach trip?
The outreach trip is part of the curriculum and students are expected to participate. Past experience tells us that we usually have to cap the number of students going. This outreach is the culmination of the school year – you simply don't want to miss out!
18. What if I want to take the class but there will be some foreseeable absences during the school year?
This being a concentrated and fast-paced curriculum and a great deal of activities and interactions take place during classes, missing three classes in a row is actually missing out a whole lot. However, if you have good reasons for certain absences you may explain your situation in the application for the Admission Committee's consideration. (Admission Application Section L). We are here to help you!