1. How do I know if HKSSM is for me?
This is an opportunity of a lifetime; you cannot remain the same after HKSSM. We are looking for a generation of radical lovers who passionately desire life-changing encounters with God. HKSSM is right for those who are:
• Hungry to see the power of God in your life
• Love the Presence of God
• Passionate to see the impossible made possible
• Done with mediocrity; ready for upgrades
• Believe it's possible to be naturally supernatural
• Eager to become a game changer, warrior, champion in the kingdom
• Help believers walk in their God given identity and authority
• A desire to bring the kingdom of God to your sphere of influence
2. What is a typical class like?
HKSSM is a training center where every student is expected to participate and practice what is being taught in a vibrant and encouraging environment without the fear of rejection or failure.
A typical class involves:
• Live Worship / Prophetic soaking
• Sharing testimonies
• Small group discussion/ministry
• Prophetic exercises
• Impartation and activation
• Healing the sick, prophetic insight, word of knowledge
3. I live outside of Hong Kong. Can I still join HKSSM?
Certainly! HKSSM has become a Global Classroom and we welcome students from overseas to join us online. We currently have a diverse group of Global Students attending Year 1, 2023 from UK, Melbourne, Canada, Germany, USA and Singapore. As a Global Student, you will attend classes live via Zoom, engaging in in-class interactions, activities and receiving the same teaching as those attending in-person. They are loving it!
4. Can you tell me more about the 'learn-do-teach'?
Through our hands-on training and a 'learn-do-teach' approach, our students are encouraged to put into practice what is being taught, and in turn release it to their community, home and workplaces. This 'learn-do-teach' method has proven to be very effective and students are encouraged to take risks in the safe setting of the classroom. Within a short time, our students are eager to go out and practice what they have learned. Healing the sick and releasing prophetic insight and word of knowledge is fun and exciting, and easier than you think.
5. What about the language used in the classroom?
HKSSM have partnered with some 40 churches in Hong Kong and beyond Hong Kong in the last 11 years. Our classes are multi-generational and multi-national with students coming from very different backgrounds, university students, young professionals, pastors, homemakers, medical doctors, solicitors, schoolteachers, bankers, etc. Our diverse student body increases our cultural awareness and adds much fun to the learning environment. Lessons are taught in English. Languages spoken in the classroom are primarily English and Cantonese. Students may prepare their home assignments in either Chinese or English. DVD lessons are taught in English, with subtitles in both Chinese and English. Students are seated in small groups in their preferred language for class discussions and interactions.
6. Is there a certificate to show successful completion of the school?
Yes, a Certificate of Completion will be presented at a formal ICA Academy Graduation Ceremony to those who have fulfilled the 90% attendance requirement, completed all school assignments, and displayed godly character throughout the school year.
7. Can you tell me more about the Special Course – The Art of Hearing God?
The Art of Hearing God is a profound course that will give you step-by-step instructions to learn to hear the voice of God clearly and consistently. You'll also learn how to distinguish God's voice from your own and to identify hindrances that are preventing you from hearing. You will find out how your character can enhance or impede your ability to hear God. Learn the 3 levels of listening and practical tips for delivering a word from God. We are using a 200-page manual, which includes extensive curriculum notes and exercises.
Some Topics include:
• The Audible Voice of God
• The 4 Quadrants
• The Dark Night of the Soul
• Prophets and Psychics
• Spirit vs. Soul Rule
• Hardness of Heart – Soul Rule
• The 3 Pillars of Revelatory Ministry
• Revelatory Maturity Continuum; The 3 Phases of Ministry
• Public and Private Victories
• The Art of Spiritual Listening
• Listening to Correction and Rebuke; Curses of the Tongue
• Delivering a Prophetic Word; Right/Left Brain Thinking
• The Role, Purpose and Function of the Church
• Spiritual Authority; The Spirit of Lawlessness
8. Can you tell me more about Graham Cooke?
Our students just love Graham Cooke and his teaching!
Graham Cooke is a popular speaker around the world with a passion to empower the people of God to walk in their true identity. His life and ministry are marked by his delightful, intimate, and unreserved two-way friendship with the Lord, and his unique way of communicating a radiant Jesus and the Kingdom of God. Graham has been involved in apostolic teams since 1981 and has cultivated a wide range of expertise in transitional development, corporate reinvention, and personal redefinition.
He is a consultant to numerous churches, organizations and businesses. His prophetic insights are much sought after in the boardrooms of a variety of organizations. He is a specialist in exploratory dialogue, thinks beyond the box and is a designer of creative action plans that release breakthrough and momentum. Graham is an author of over 20 books with titles including Crafted Prayer, The Nature of God, Approaching The Heart of Prophecy, Prophetic Wisdom, The Language of Promise and much more. (Source: the website of Brilliant Perspectives)
9. How do I enroll?
• Applicants must complete the Admission Application which is available on the Main Page. Please answer all questions. If a question does not apply to you, write N/A (not applicable) in the space provided.
• Submit your completed Admission Application together with a non-refundable application fee of HK$250.
• On the receipt of the full set of the required documents, the School will send an invitation for a personal interview with the HKSSM Admissions Committee.
• On the receipt of the Letter of Acceptance from the School, you are to send in a non-refundable tuition deposit of HK$2,000 within 7 days to secure your place.
• Settlement of the remaining HK$4,800 should reach the school on or before the specified date on the Letter of Acceptance.
10. Do you offer any discount on tuition?
We are happy to say that we do offer three types of tuition discounts for the Year 1 Program:
• 30% – ICA Full-time Staff Discount
• 30% – Student Discount: Full-time high school or university students below the age of 22. Proof of student identity needs to be submitted along with the application.
• 10% – Couples Discount
All eligible students will pay the full tuition as stated in 9 d) and e) above. Reimbursement of the discounted amount will be issued at the end of the school year to eligible students who have fulfilled the required 90% attendance, and have satisfactorily completed school assignments.
11. What is your refund policy?
In the event that a student withdraws from school within the first month of commencing and has paid tuition in full, such student may receive a refund up to 70% of the refundable amount, after which there will not be any refund for whatever reason that a student withdraws or is terminated from school. In the event that a student is dismissed or terminated for any reason during the school year, no refund of tuition fee will be issued.
12. What if I want to enroll but there will be some foreseeable absences during the school year?
This being a concentrated and fast-paced curriculum and a great deal of activities and interactions take place during classes, missing three lessons in a row is actually missing out a whole lot. However, if you have legitimate reasons for certain absences you may explain your situation in the application for the Admission Committee's consideration. (Admission Application Section L). We are here to help you!
13. Is there a threshold for minimum attendance?
This curriculum is vigorous and fast-paced and we do not want students to miss class unless there is a very good reason. The minimum requirement of attendance is 90%. Students are expected to plan their travel or vacations in accordance with the school calendar to prevent any disruption to their progress.
14. Will there be any makeup lessons if I miss class?
Normally we do not run makeup lesson. However, the school might consider re-running a particular DVD lesson if a large number of students have missed it due to unusual circumstances.
15. Can I borrow or buy a copy of the DVDs for any missed sessions?
Because of copyright regulations, the School cannot lend or duplicate the DVDs.
16. Is it mandatory for the students to participate in the outreach trip?
The outreach trip is part of the curriculum and students are expected to participate. Past experience tells us that we usually have to cap the number of students going. This outreach is the culmination of the school year – you simply don't want to miss out!